Sheryl Ferguson received her Masters of Marriage and Family therapy from Aurora Family Therapy Centre. In addition she has her Master of Reiki from (Dorothy Becker of Spirits Call) Vancouver, British Columbia teaching levels 1,2,3 and working individually with clients. Sheryl also graduated with her under graduate degree in Human Ecology, Family Studies with the University of Manitoba.
Sheryl Ferguson is now under the association of Registered Social Workers
Sheryl has vast experience in working in treatment centres for addictions and lifestyle issues. In addition she works with high risk youth who experience complex trauma and lifestyle issues resulting in the need for crisis intervention techniques that deal with a wide range of complex issues. Sheryl has vast experience in working in the mental health systems.
Sheryl has been involved in private practise since 2018 working with individuals, families and couples with a variety of presenting issues. Sheryl has been working in this field for 20 plus years.
Sheryl is registered as a clinical member with the American and Canadian Marriage and Family Therapy Association.
Sheryl has demonstrated expertise in:
- Working with diverse communities
- Extensive experience in addiction issues with individuals, families and communities
- Extensive experience in working with complex trauma and family of origin issues
- Working with at risk youth
- Anger Management workshops
- Holistic healing adapted to extensive trauma histories
- Individual and group work with grief and loss issues
- Family therapy in working with developmental changes within the family
- Safety planning for self harming and suicidal ideation
- Teaching levels 1,2,3 Reiki
- Individual Reiki to support stress reduction
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Collaborative work with agency's involved with high risk population's.
- Specialized programming for self esteem, social skills building, anger management, health and wellness, Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender/Two-Spirited lifestyles
Sheryl is sensitive to the therapeutic relationship which values the resources each individual brings to therapy. She believes the therapeutic relationship is a working alliance that includes a safe environment that a person can feel valued and supported.
Sheryl believes that in this busy world Reiki offers a simple and safe method of connecting to our bodies and the world we live in. It is an effective way to increase body awareness and decrease physical stress resulting in physical health issues. Reiki works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relive side effects and promote recovery.